FC not connecting to q ground control

If anyone could help us with this problem it would be great. I am trying to use the USB c cord to plug into the pixhawk and our laptop to flash the firmware. When I plug it in, Q Ground Control doesn’t connect to it. It isn’t the cable as I have tested 4 different ones. It also isn’t the laptop as I tried two. I used the console and log reporting to know that windows recognizes that something is plugged in, but Q Ground Control doesn’t. Any solution?

Hey Jackson, I ran into this problem a while back when working through my build. One thing that you need to make certain of is that you are downloading a daily build and not the one labeled Stable Version 4.0. You can go to the docs page here:

and click on the download link. It will take you to the QGC daily build page. Let us know if that doesn’t do the trick.

2 Likes

Ok, i’ll try that on monday. I was just using the version from last year.

1 Like

I’d also like to re-iterate what Dennis suggested. The Pixhawk 6 is still very new, so it requires a very recent version of QGroundControl in order to flash and connect to.

Worked thanks! It wont let me post unless its 20 characters so this is just spam